Old 30-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Welsh Witch

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:14:01 +0000, Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article , Justin Clark
wrote:
My one year old sees them as another 'toy' to feed upon... but if the
mushrooms aren't poisonous then I guess she can eat to her heart's
content...!

Teach her "NO", firmly. Only an expert can tell the harmless fungi from
the lethal ones (which are rarish). It is counter-productive removing the
temptation, as that increases the risk if you ever leave your garden.
Exactly as with water.

And, yes, you CAN teach one year olds. No problem. Just politically
incorrect. Use the methods of Professor Pavlov.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

A notice on another newsgroup said that the government is proposing to
bring in a bill to punish anyone who has mushrooms naturally growing on
their lawn, the same poster has now said that they seem to be backing off
that one...what a relief as we have Liberty Caps and amanita muscaria our
there!