Old 30-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Doug Kanter

Assuming it's summer where you are, I'd call your state cooperative
extension office and ask them what's a good cover crop for this time of
year. In much of this country, it's way too hot to start your typical lawn
grasses. Or....any real farmers nearby? One of them could probably give you
some tips. Plow the cover crop under at the right time, and plant your
grass.

"cjames4999" wrote in message

Help!! I recently cleared by strimmer a garden that has been left to
grow for 18 years, there are 12" ant hills all over it together with
brambles, and other vegitation. It is all laying flat after being
strimmed, what is the best way to proceed with trying to achieve a
lawn?? rake,burn or just cultivate/rotovate and plough in all the
downed (strimmed) vegitation . p.s. It is a very large garden

Please help!!

Craig.

--
cjames4999