Old 30-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Lt. Kizhe Catson

*muffin* wrote:
eeek!
there was a plethora of dragonflies hanging aroudn my pond yesterday &
today.. the 1st time in 'ever' seeing them here.

ok, how do I get rid of them & should I be reallly scared???

Don't get rid of them -- enjoy them! They're beautiful things (even to
an entomophobe like me).

(I have read about the larva/nymphs eating goldfish,, although I cannot see
how something THAT small could do that!)

The nymphs will eat fry -- I hadn't heard that they could eat anything
much bigger than themselves, though. And they also eat mosquito larvae
(although the fish probably take care of that problem, too).

-- Kizhe