Old 02-11-2002, 05:08 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Tree Ferns hardiness

The message
from (DaveDay34) contains these words:

I understand Larry being concerned about the environment, and I think
we've all
heard what he has to say, but this is a UK based gardening newsgroup, not a
newsgroup for environmental campaigners. This issue involves the NZ
government
and can only be changed there, not within the UK.

That's a cop out. Whether or not one agrees with Larry's particular
concern here, there's no ducking away from the fact that UK consumers
are responsible for far-distant ethical and environmental issues driven
by their long-reaching spending power.

Maybe this thread could be
wound up now?

Dave, if you hope a thread can be wound up when any individual
participant rings the bell, you have a great deal to learn about usenet.

Janet.