Old 30-06-2005, 08:43 PM
RicSeyler

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:48:27 -0500, RicSeyler wrote:

I have all the equipment and the rock is sitting in a water filled trash
can. I will put the rock in a couple of crab traps and let sit in the Gulf
for a few months to get the bacteria back and what ever hitchhikers that will
attach.

That's a lot easier (and sounds more fun) than what people go thru inland
to have such tanks.

Yea reclaiming my rock will be easier that for inlanders.

being patient and camping in a relatives house, Arrrrggghhh :-)

I hope your wait isn't too long.

Me too!! I going to kill me relatives or they kill me if it takes too
much longer. hehehehehe ;-)

http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/r/...-and-after.jpg
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/r/...ler/porch2.jpg
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/r/...ler/purple.jpg
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/r/...er/shadows.jpg
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/r/...yler/side1.jpg
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/r/...uarterview.jpg
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/r/...yler/side2.jpg
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/r/...yler/side3.jpg

The little 10 gal Nano tank
http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler/tank/Nano.htm

Wow, impressive!!!

Thanks, lots of work, but lots of satisfaction also.

LOLOL I agree that is really really neat!!!! All that flora and fauna in
the back yard is just too dang cool!!
What part of the country are you in?

I'm clear in the other corner of the US. Washington State (the dry side,
though, not the WEsTside. ;-)

Very pretty area and you setup looks very nice!

I'd sure like to do a pond also when I get resettled. I love all of this type
a thing.

We are Porg.

The Borg said:
"We are _Borg_ resistant is futile, you will be assimilated."
The Porg say:
"We are Porg, resistant IS futile, you will be pond-elated."

P - Pond, O - Oriented, R - Recreational, G - Group )

LOLOL :-)

I saw a reef made out of a small pool but the accumulated heat
got to the guy's project.

Can happen, did he try shade cloth? There's been a discussion on here
recently regarding keeping a pond cool in AZ. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

He needed the full intensity of the sun for the corals at the depth, but
the "small" body of water
retained too much heat. He tried to keep it at or under 88-90, the outer
limit of most corals
for extended periods of time. But it would always end up creeping up to
95-100.....
He was in Southern Alabama.

--
Ric Seyler