Old 30-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Gabrielle

I just get in the pond and sit for a minute or two.
I'd guess mine is close to 85° -- the turtles have hidden my thermometer
again so I don't know for sure.

Gabrielle
Ajo, Arizona

PlainBill wrote:

Just to jump in here, mine was 86 F at about 10:00 AM (maximum
sunlight on the pond).

Estimating the temperature by sticking your hand in it is a waste of
time. When it's 110, when you first stick your hand into a pond at 86
F it feels cold. Pull it out, let the evaporation chill it for a
minute, stick it back in, the water feels hot.

PlainBill

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:04:55 -0700, Courageous
wrote:

roof of sunscreen cloth (Home Depot or Lowes). Have you tested the
water temperature?

Out of curiosity, what was your own?

C//