Old 30-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Martin

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
I've just paid a visit to the Local Tastes shop in Thame
(www.localtastes.co.uk for anyone interested). I'd never come across
it before but, having done some Googling, I've learnt it's considered
pernicious. Shame really, because it's really rather tasty and I
certainly wouldn't want to see it eradicated.

What I /am/ curious about, however, is why the heck is it called Fat
Hen?! It can't mean 'fat hen' as in, well, 'fat hen', surely?! What's
it got to do with domesticated fowl if that's the case...? Are they
rather partial to it and does it make them tubby...? Enquiring minds
demand to know! ;o)
Sarah

sarah, you've been at the Sherry again haven't you?

;)