Old 30-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Edmond Cormier

Here is what I find in:An Orchidist's Glossary, American Orchid Society,
1974.
Brassavola (bra-SAH-voh-la). A genus of tropical American orchids closely
allied to Cattleya and Laelia, described by Robert Brown in 1813 and
dedicated to Sr. Antonio Musa Brassavola, a Venetian nobleman and botanist.
Ciao, Ed Cormier
"Anna MCM" wrote in message

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Anna Maria,

Thanks for doing the research. I agree that BrassAHvola is easier on the
tongue. But then, Alison mentioned that she found the name with two
stressed
syllables, and I can relate to that, too. My maiden name is Signorelli,
with
the emphasis on both the first and third syllables.

You are very welcome, Diana!

Cheers,

Anna Maria Canepa (with the emphasis on the first syllable :-)