Old 30-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Roy

I take it you live in P'cola beach area........super nice territory
there. I lived for a long time in Perdido area myself, until I had
all the hurricanes I cared to have, and moved further inland. Still
have the property in Perdido though, but now we have a camper we keep
there which can be moved if need be.......situated right on Perdido
Bay off the point near soldiers creek......So when there is a storm
that is heading that way, we take two vehicles down and pickup the
camper and the boat a 24 footer, and bring them further inland.

How did that fellow that has the sort of dome or oval shaped sputkik
looking house fair out with Ivan last year?

Ever hear of the Charter Boat Chulamar? Skippers Dive Center? I used
ot work there part time, and also as a dive master on the Chulamar,
which has been renamed to somethng else now......

Did Ft. Pickens come out ok with Ivan as well. That area is just
beautiful, especially the old fort where Geronomo (sp?) was kept.
Pretty hard to protect that area during a hurricane though, but its
been there for a long time and been through a lot.

I used to like to go over to Ft. McCrae and just tie up to that old
steel piling wall and rock jetty and kick back and watch the boats
going in and out of the pass, and do a bit of scrounging on the
bottom, looking for old bricks which got pretty rounded over with
water and sands.......and the occasional ballast stones from the old
old days.. I have a heap of those old bricks just setting around here
and there and folks often ask where I got those flat red / tan
rounded rocks!

I see your into marine setups? Are you familiar with the JBJ Nano
cubes? Been thinking on getting the wife one for our wedding
anniversary, but now hear rthy are prone to just up and cracking for
no apparaent reason. Sure hate to plunk the money down on them if its
a problem. No big deal if its only got the water in it, but once you
get it cycled and going it would be a disaster for sure.

Regards

"The original frugal ponder"