Old 30-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Duncan

"solaara" wrote in message

what are the best conditions for a cheese plant???

--
solaara

Mine does well in a north facing living room window. I noticed that if it
was neglected and dried out a bit, a good watering would often stimulate the
growth of a new leaf. I therefore ease off the watering whenever the latest
leaf seems fully grown, for a couple of weeks, then give it a generous
soaking. It gets fed now and again when a new leaf is growing, but I won't
bother now until next year as it has been repotted this year and the new
leaves are dark and glossy. Keep it away from radiators, as contact with
something hot will discolour the leaves. I give mine less water in winter
when there's no active growth. I try to wet the aerial roots when watering
as well as the soil, but I don't know whether this does it any good.

Duncan