Old 30-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Mike Lyle
writes
JennyC wrote:
[...]
It's chucked it down with rain on Friday night, so problem has now
been completely resolved :~))
Jenny

Glad to hear it. But I'd keep an eye on them anyway, since even a
torrential downpour may find it as difficult to rewet containers as
you did.

I would fill a bucket with water and then stand the pot in the bucket of
water until all the bubbles have gone.. That way you know that the
compost is wet. Or drip feed it under as very very slightly open tap or
water barrels which gives the water time to soak the compost rather than
drain straight through. I find that leaving a spray on is best.
Just treated myself to a Gardena spray which has a timer on it so you
can set it for 1-120 minutes or on all the time. The two hour timer is
just a manual clock dial that turns and then shuts off the water so you
don't leave the spray on by accident. It's well worth the extra few
pounds. It also has two adjusters for the nozzles so each half can be
direct straight or out to the sides in a fan.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph