Old 01-07-2005, 05:24 AM
Jeff Walther

In article , "Cindy"
wrote:

I have something that likes tomatoes. Birds get some, but there's something
that eats big round holes, like 1/3 of the tomato, just before it gets
really ripe. And the darn thing won't just finish ONE, NO-O-O-oooo it has
to try a bite out of every fruit that's pink. Going to have to put wire
around them.

That could be squirrels, possums or raccoons. It could also be very
thirsty birds, this summer has been so dry. In past years, birds would
just peck a bit of a whole in each tomato that they touched. But this
year, the birds are thirsty.

I saw one squirrel bounding across my back yard (a few years ago) with a
tomato about twice as big as its head. Its bound was very lopsided to the
front, because it was so unbalanced carrying that huge fruit. Ornery
critter.

--
A friend will help you move. A real friend will help you move a body.