Old 01-07-2005, 05:18 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Courageous" wrote in message

Our pools reached 88 F this afternoon...

As measured where?

## About 2/3s of the way down to the bottom of the 500 gallon pool - and at
the bottom of the 150 gallon pools. :-(

Anyway, if you point your pump return straight up, this should make a

fountain.
Evaporation will increase, as will cooling.

## Not all the pools have pumps. Most just have aerators. The 500 gallon
pool has 2 large old aquarium filters. The return water falls over a lip to
return to the pond - like the Aquaclears. I can't afford pumps for all
these pools at the moment.

Can't say if this would be better than the lace.

Shade is good.

## Yes, that's true. I just dug out some more old curtains that are thin
but solid, and will block even more of the sun. We took down a tree and now
the sun is more than we need back there - but the tree was a danger to the
house and had to go.

Is your area particularly humid?

## Oh yes! The humidity here is very high all summer. It'll be hot and
humid here until around the end of Sept.

C//

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b