Old 01-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Roy

Short of Nuking them nothing thats been done so far seems to have
gotten the souths fire ant population under control. There is stuff
out there thats supposedly safe, and thats what I use, unfortunately
unless the government does one massive applicaitn and covers the
entire area of the country to erradicate them, I doubt anything is
gonna work. I am fireant free for the most part, but each and every
year I apply Talstar PL and it does a bang up job, but its a no win
situation since the county does nothing in and along roadways, nor do
neighbors etc, so about all I can do is keep em at bay........but its
certainly nice not having all those mounds or being concerned about
fire ants

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 06:19:21 -0600, Wilmdale
wrote:

===
===
===
===I like new zealand bull dog ants, they are bugs with a serious attitude
===problem. I especially like that they're in new zealand, and not in
===california.
===
===-S
===
===
===One site,
===http://www.vuw.ac.nz/staff/phil_lest...lldog_ants.htm
===reports that this ant has not been seen in one particular area since 1981!
===Would it be that some (not all because they do a lot of cleaning up) the
===fire ants that infest the South, would disappear! :-P .
===W. Dale

"The original frugal ponder"