Old 01-07-2005, 01:13 PM
The Reids

Following up to Mike Lyle

In Spain they sometimes use the white fur to thicken a sauce. You
could easily puree fresh broad beans but i'm not sure dried would
ever be nice enough. The Italians usually seem to spread it on a
crostino.

Many thanks, Mike. I'll experiment on that basis. Maybe a little
garlic and a herb or two...

don't forget the olive oil! You can make a paste with potato and
herbs and deep fry it, i'm going to try it with the last of the
beans i.e. run out of good ideas.

You could post to uk.food+drink.misc, there's a woman who lives
in Italy and a bloke who has a spanish wife. Also some other
wimmin who sometimes post useful stuff but mainly give me a load
of grief, oh, s***, I think they post here too :-)
--
Mike Reid
UK Walking "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site