Old 01-07-2005, 05:40 PM
cat daddy

"Lynda LeCompte" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:46:15 -0500, cat daddy

wrote:

Do you have big red ants that make little trails to their mound?

Like the red harvester? I've not seen any. We have mostly what I think are
the native fire ants, around the property, but not near the veggie patch
that I can see. There was a crawfish hole in the patch - we live near a
creek - they wouldn't be the culprits would they?!? (Those ignurrunt Brits
;-)

Yes, like red harvester or leafcutter. When I first moved into my house,
I enjoyed how industrious these ants were, as they stripped the trees in the
Fall. I thought, "How cool!" and what a Disney moment with Nature in action.
Then, one of the trees died and I was not so happy when an entire bush would
be stripped bare in a morning. I thought they might have gotten to your
tree. Oh well.......