Old 01-07-2005, 03:55 PM
JennyC

"Magellan" wrote in message

My first post on this excellent looking forum and a cry for help! I'm
Googled out after trying to find a way to water a bougainvillea that I
have recently bought to grow to fill the glass ceiling of a new
conservatory.

It's no problem when I am at home but I do travel a lot, often away
from home for 3 weeks at a time. What I need is some sort of system
that will give my plant a good soak and then allow it to dry a little
between waterings. A continuous drip I'm told is not the way to go.

I did seem to find some cunning device on an American website that
consisted of a reservoir linked to a probe that sensed moisture levels
in the pot. This seemed interesting but the folks that sold the kit
were not geared to an international retail operation.

Could any of you nice people in the UK point me in the right direction
of something suitable in our part of the world?

Magellan

if you goggle with timer "watering system" you'll find 6.110 hits :~)))
Jenny