Old 02-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Doug Lassiter

Default catnip from seed

Want to start a pot of catnip, and having some trouble. (Other herbs
work for me.) Put seeds in good (and heat sterilized) pot and potting
soil. Seedlings come up like gangbusters within a couple of days to a
height of two inches or so. Thin them out a bit, and then watch them
just sit. And sit. And sit. For a week. No other leaves or growth. Soil
is moist underneath. No direct sun, but sitting in a window they get a
reasonable amount of light for a fully grown plant.

What's going on???? (Umm, maybe they're being intimidated by my cats,
though the cats haven't noticed them yet.)