Old 02-07-2005, 01:06 AM
World Traveler

"Brendy" wrote in message

Is the bamboo "Negra" invasive? I live in Newry Northern Ireland, the
weather is wet here most of the time. Can anyone give me any tips on
how to take care of it? Thanks a lot. Brendy.

--
Brendy

Yes, Ph. Nigra is a running bamboo that needs containment. I had to remove
a lot of it that emerged around my citrus trees. I am maintaining one clump
by surrounding it with a barrier and cutting off any thing that gets out of
the barrier.

As for care, I'm in central Florida, so I don't have the cold weather you do
to contend with. I do almost nothing with it and it grows extremely well
under our normal conditions. It is in an area that receives regular
irrigation when the weather is dry -- Regards --