Old 01-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Kenni Judd

Apparently so ... although I was not talking about PAs, I was talking about
the actual _professors_. Dr. Veejay (sp? -- it's been a while) for QMB was
the worst, but Dr. Chakravarti for Marketing was a close second.

The PAs present what to me appears a more difficult issue, since those jobs
are often awarded on a GPA basis -- I know, b/c I got one of them that way,
as a "Matherly Scholar" [one of top ten in first year MBA class]. So if the
student with the unintelligible accent can get straight As -- how do you
avoid the award? But the Universities should be able to use "understandable
English speech" as a job qualification for hiring actual _teachers_ ...
Kenni

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
Kenni, there was an article in the NY Times the other day, about college
students being unable to understand the PAs. In a couple of cases the PA
literally did not speak English. For this, tuition is skyy high?

Diana