Old 02-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Elizabeth

"Doug Lassiter" wrote in message
oups.com...
Want to start a pot of catnip, and having some trouble. (Other herbs
work for me.) Put seeds in good (and heat sterilized) pot and potting
soil. Seedlings come up like gangbusters within a couple of days to a
height of two inches or so. Thin them out a bit, and then watch them
just sit. And sit. And sit. For a week. No other leaves or growth. Soil
is moist underneath. No direct sun, but sitting in a window they get a
reasonable amount of light for a fully grown plant.

What's going on???? (Umm, maybe they're being intimidated by my cats,
though the cats haven't noticed them yet.)

Dunno, but you can get relatively healthy plants at PetsMart.