Old 02-07-2005, 01:01 PM
dave weil

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:17:49 +0000, Brendy
wrote:
[color=blue][i]

Gail Futoran Wrote:
"Brendy"
wrote
Hi Gail, me again I'm in Newry, Northern Ireland so we have wet

weather here. Sunshine what's that! I checked out some of the
neighbours gardens to see how their roses are doing. They look good
so
that means mine should do well too. Right? I've checked out some
web
sites and I've decided to go for the hybrid tea rose. I like the
look
of the "Ingrid Bergman" and it's a beautiful red colour. (You'd
think
I knew what I was talking about) Now I have to find a garden centre
that sells it! I have 2nd and 3rd preferences as well, just in case.
I like "Blue Moon" and "Deep Secret" so here goes. Brendy.[/i

Ingrid Bergman IS nice. It's a low grower, so make sure that you plant
it in front of other plants. It really has a nice aroma as well.

Keep in mind that it DOES tend to blue a bit, as do a lot of really
deep red blooms. Also, the bloom size decreases dramatically in the
middle of the summer when it gets hot (although I don't know if you
get that sort of weather where you are). The nice thing about IB is
that it almost has a velvety looking texture to it. It's not a "shiny"
red, but a matte finish. It holds nicely in the vase.

I got mine from Edmunds Roses in Oregon, but since you're in the UK, I
can't help you out. Perhaps you could contact them at their website
and see if they know of an English distributor.

Actually, turns out that I CAN help you out.

Nashdom Lane
Burnham, Buckinghamshire SL1 8NJ
England
01628-603000 [Information]