Old 03-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default What is plant with miniature potatoe flowers/berries

In article ,
Kay Easton wrote:

If anyone has DEFINITE and RELIABLE evidence that Solanum nigrum
has edible berries, I should be interested to hear.

Not evidence, but a reference:

George Usher 'A dictionary of plants used by Man' "The fruits
(woderberries) are eaten in pies etc. The shoots and leaves are used as
a vegetable" Blimey!

It sounds odd, for a Solanum, but could be true. However, I suspect
that there is more than one plant called black nightshade, and that
not all such will be edible.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679