Old 02-07-2005, 05:34 PM
DigitalVinyl

"Stu Pittasso" wrote:

I ha no idea that sweet 100s will do that. I have about 4 2 ft. high plants
that came up this year where I planted them last year!
Stu

I had two plants planted together and had a 6-7 foot tall bush with
the tops flopping over and running back down the outside of the cages.
literally, hundreds of tomatoes. I estimate 40-50% burst on the vine,
dropped, or fell while harvesting. I developed a huge ant colony at
the base of the plant. It was gross, some days the ground was a
jiggling black carpet. With that level of waste I just decided to skip
them. But they came back. I've had well over a dozen volunteers. I've
decided to let a few survive in containers. Maybe if contained they
wouldn't be so messy.

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
.. .
brandywine, cherokee purple, black plum, celebrity, and I've got
volunteers of Sweet 100 coming up all over. I've got one more variety,
can't recall.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph