Old 02-07-2005, 05:37 PM
DigitalVinyl

"Rev \"Fragile Warrior\"" wrote:

"Warren" wrote in message
Rev "Fragile Warrior wrote:
Is it hotter than normal this year? I always thought that the proper
times for petunias where the cooler months of the year, ie: early summer
and going into fall. IIRC, they don't like a lot of heat and tend to die
back during July and August to revive again for one last show before
autumn. If your June has been like ours here in the midwest perhaps they
couldn't take the heat.

I think you may be mixing-up petunias with pansies.

Am I? *sigh* Damn. I thought I'd give the answer a shot since no one else
was. That'll teach me to pretend I might know something.

Giselle (I guess I can go back to planting petunias again

That sounds righter for pansy and violas. My violas and pansies look
a bleached now, we've had early heatwaves. Petunias are busting out
all over. They both last here till fall with flowers almost all the
time. For zone 6/7 they are easy-care color. Though green aphids have
had a field day with my petunias.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph