Old 02-07-2005, 06:49 PM
PlainBill

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:25:15 -0500, "Reel Mckoi"
wrote:

"Courageous" wrote in message
.. .

Theoretically, and barring aesthetics, one could build a shade canopy out
of PVC building materials for fairly little $$.

$$ This is true. Aesthetics are not a problem as these pools are behind the
house. Any shade canopy would have to cover all 8 pools = an area about 16'
wide by about 30' long. My husband is looking into "shade cloth" and other
options. As warm as the water was the fish didn't seem to mind. The
uncovered tubs of pond plants are going crazy with all the sun and heat.

C//

Have your huband look at the shade cloth available at Home Depot and
Lowes - in the garden center, not the hardware (door) section. It's
available in different sizes. Last time I looked, a 6' x 25' roll
cost $36. Note that you don't have to cover the entire pond, just
covering half will cut down the heat input by 50%.

PlainBill