Old 02-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Dan

Default Aquarium substrate for planted tank

I am getting ready to setup a planted 75 gallon aquarium tank. I have put
about an inch layer of Flourite on the bottom of the aquarium. I want to
use play sand from Toys R. Us or a hobby store for the substrate. My
questions is how hard is this to keep clean? And will it work? I wanted a
white sandy bottom with my plants planted in the flourite substrate. I am
concerned about cleaning and clouding up the tank. using a python suction
cleaning system. Any advice or ideas from the group would be most helpful.
This may not be a good idea and I don't want to learn the hard way when
there is a better way to do this.

Thanks ahead
Dan