Old 02-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Anne Lurie

You might look into shade cloth -- the stuff I have is coarser than lace
curtains, finer than bird netting, also dark green color helps, I think.

I could not find a link for shade cloth, except for greenhouses (way more
than you'd need, I think!) however, I do recall someone here last year who
showed pix of a really nifty sun umbrella shade thing. As I recall, you
could even move it according to the time of day.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message
Our pools reached 88 F this afternoon, in the 96 F heat. We covered them
with old lace curtains to provide some shade but not block sir
circulation.
They didn't go above 88 F. At sundown all fish were doing fine and ate
like
hogs. The heat sure isn't affecting their appetites. My husband built a
much larger, better filter for the new 500 gallon "for-sale" holding tank.
I'll be hooking it up this weekend. He used a sturdy artillery case
someone
gave us. The bottom will be filled with old small crock pots with regular
filter material above that. Not real attractive but few people go back
there.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b