Old 03-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
You might look into shade cloth -- the stuff I have is coarser than lace
curtains, finer than bird netting, also dark green color helps, I think.

I could not find a link for shade cloth, except for greenhouses (way more
than you'd need, I think!) however, I do recall someone here last year

who
showed pix of a really nifty sun umbrella shade thing. As I recall, you
could even move it according to the time of day.

==================================
I would rather have something I didn't have to keep moving as I'm not always
home during the day - I'm kind of in and out. And there are 7 pools plus a
500 gallon holding tank. Actually the old curtains are "working!" :-))) I
have them draped over the south side of these small ponds, supported by the
hardware cloth and bird netting - so far so good - for now!

Once we finish the project we're now working (big pond repair) on we'll
check out the various commercial shade cloths available.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b