Old 02-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Mike Lyle

Janet Baraclough wrote:
[...]
...here on
Arran, the buzzards are distinctly unafraid of people and much more
common in our neighbourhood that sparrowhawks.. We quite often have
buzzards perched boldly close to the house, or on roadside fence
stobs,
and on one occasion had to pull up the car in the road while one of
them declined to get off the squashed animal it was eating in the
middle of
the road. How he didn't get hit I can't imagine!

In West Wales they were wary of people, but quite as dimwitted about
cars. I gathered a sense that they might have been the number three
flattened species on the A40 after foxes and cats. (That isn't
statistics, just a feeling. And I know young foxes aren't dimwitted,
just desperate to get into new territory.)

--
Mike.