Old 03-11-2002, 10:59 PM

Default Glowworms as biologcal control

wrote in message
: "Sue & Bob Hobden" wrote:
:
: Sorry? He asked a straight question in a light hearted manner and get
abuse
: from you.
:
: Another example of things I don't understand about British culture. I do
: have some understanding that the words are rude indeed, and I for one
would
: not jump into a large group of real vs. virtual people and use such
: language.
: I'm not a prude; my vocabulary was greatly enhanced by a stint in the U.S.
: Navy, and 30+ years of working with mostly male technical types. Later
: involved, so it found a place where very few individuals go, in my
: killfile.
: So, what are folks picking these days, mostly hardy greens? I've got to
: freeze a big bunch of Bok Choi, which will be welcome in the gloom of
: winter.
:
:
:
: Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at www.albany.net/~gwoods
: Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1200' elevation. NY WO G

That was what I though was ignorant, Gary, not the language but the general
lack of good manners. What I also find amazing that Bob should jump to this
person's defence and to the wrong conclusion that I am a prude and that I
abused someone when he knows nothing about me. I may be wrong, but I don't
recall this particular individual having posted to urg before and I
certainly don't remember him/her having introduced him/herself, although I
know it is not obligatory so to do. I wonder if Bob does not feel that the
second posting, directed to me, was in any way offensive? Perhaps he would
care to comment.