Old 03-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Justin

Thanks for the response Tom.

From what I understand of what you are saying, the Seachem Phosphorus is
just KH2PO4 disolved in water, so I can use this?

I have tried obtaining products from hydroponics stores, but the hydroponics
supplies here all dye their ferts... I think they do this for safety
reasons, so the guy at the store said it would turn my water blue...

So I can use my Phosphate test kit and just keep adding enough of the
Seachem product until I get a reading of 1ppm... Is this right?

Thank you once again.

Justin.
wrote in message
ups.com...
Justin, plants only use PO4, P is just the elemental form and is always
oxidized.

You should try and find some KH2PO4(monobasic potassium phosphate) from
a hydroponic vendor down there.

1 kg will last....oh ....about 50 years.
You can use the SeaChem product(just KH2PO4 in water) and add about
1ppm of PO4 3x a week or so.

Regards,
Tom Barr

www.BarrReport.com