Old 03-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Dewitt

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 00:38:29 -0400, Steve wrote:

I might have tried to answer your question earlier but I couldn't really
picture what you are describing. If I knew what kind of orchid your
black jewel is, it would help to understand what you are describing.
The part that is dangling sounds like it has rotted off at the bottom.
Not a good thing.

Steve

My guess is that she's talking about a Lusidia discolor. If that's
the case, she should be able to pinch off the growth, remove any
rotten part, let it harden off for a couple days, and pot in a well
drained standard potting mix (though I would add extra perlite). These
guys root easily. Of course, if it's not a Lusidia discolor doing
what I described wouldn't work at all. As Susan suggested posting a
pic to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids would be a good idea.

deg