Old 03-07-2005, 12:26 PM
SVTKate

"Jim Carlock" wrote in message
m...
:I am on my second sunflower and it's starting to flop like
: the first one. This one grew straight up, presented a nice 12"
: bloom and reached 6'6" in height. The base of the stem is
: 1" wide and goes to about 5/8" near the top. It looked good
: for about a week but now the flower appears too heavy and
: is bending. Is this common or could there be a deficiency in
: something?
:
: Thanks.
:
: --
: Jim Carlock
: Please post replies to newsgroup.
:
Nice photos Jim,
I have a stepping stone that looks just like it. My favorite stone.

All of the sunflowers I have ever had grew like this, They seemed to get
heavy and nod when they matured.
There came a point that I would snip the heads and let them dry for the
birds, always a hit in the back yard.

Kate