Old 03-07-2005, 09:04 PM
B.Server

Default Anoles, where did they go?

I am curious. Has anyone else noticed a steep drop in the number of
anoles around their place? Last summer it seemed like every fence
post, net, and bamboo stick had an anole. And there are always one or
two who colonize my greenhouse. Year to date, I have not seen one,
any, (1) in my yard. (west of MoPac around 4500). I still have large
numbers of the gray, (mixed black and white) rough skinned lizards,
though most of them appear to be adults. Also have not seen a single
gecko so far this year.

While not an organic purist, I haven't used anything stronger than
Safer's Soap and Neem oil outdoors in 10-15 years, so I don't think
that the drop was my doing.

Any thoughts? I like the little guys and wonder what happened.