Old 04-11-2002, 09:17 AM
AWM

Default late flowering cherry - care

2 years back when I moved into a new house I planted a late flowring
cherry, it is not doing as well as it might having been badly attacked by
aphids and having to put up with a poor clay soil described by the builders
but no one else as top soil. The extreme and almost continous rain my areas
has had to put up with over the last 2 years hasn't helped.
It was planted in a peat based compost with added sharp sand and was fed
with "Fish Blood and Bone", it is well supported and hasn't been pruned.
I was think of using potash rich feed but is this a good choice and when
should this be applied. ?