Old 03-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Richard

John Savage wrote in
om:

gy1003 writes:
I have been growing this new variety, it has lots of pods that look
ready to eat. Do i eat the whole pod or just the peas. I have been
scouring the net but I am struggling for advice. Can anyone help?

I dunno, so try them--well before the peas become plump. They may be a
bit stringy so use your potato peeler and string at least one edge
(but maybe both) of the pea pod just like you would with stringy
beans. Remember stringy beans???

Twinkle doesn't appear to be one of the edible podded 'snap pea' or 'snow
pea' varieties. That's not to say you couldn't eat them pod and all, you
just have to be prepared for the strings...