Old 03-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Diana Kulaga

"Steve" wrote in message
Diana Kulaga wrote:
Bob & Sue, I hesitate to use the borax cure because our cat goes out

into
the lanai.........................

I was thinking that
1 Cats wouldn't be interested in eating borax and
2 Borax wouldn't be really toxic to mammals anyway.

I did a quick search to see if I was right about the toxicity and found
this:
*** Terrestrial animals: Borax is practically nontoxic to birds and
mammals. It is relatively nontoxic to bees. Relatively high
concentrations of boron compounds are toxic to insects, and borax is
used for insect control in some cases. ***

That information came from he
http://infoventures.com/e-hlth/pestcide/borax.html

The big surprise (to me) was that borax is a fungicide. I've known, for
decades, about it being used on ants but never knew it is sold as a
fungicide.

Steve

Thanks, all. I'll try the borax/wax along with the ant bait traps I already
have out there. And yes, Sue, they are also up high. I think they're having
drag races.

Diana