Old 03-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Reel Mckoi

"bmuller" wrote in message
news:1120404131.478a06710d16fdf0826d41aa8ca827d5@t eranews...
Three of my hardy lillies have leaves sticking up in the air this year
sufficiently far to obscure the flowers. This has never happened in the
previous 20 years of ponding. Any ideas why?

Overcrowding is a major cause I read somewhere. Not just too many lily
"side shoots" from the same plant in one pot - but too many plants in the
pond or space allotted them. They like plenty of space to spread their
leaves on the surface. As you probably already know they don't like a
current or splashing water.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b