Old 04-07-2005, 12:37 AM
glasgow guy glasgow guy is offline
Registered User

Location: lancashire
Default help with patio laying & a couple og Q's...

firstly I will say sorry for the fact that this isnt directly anything to do with plants but it is to do with my garden !!
I will be laying a new patio this week and I am just wondering what mix would be best to use as a base for it - should I use a dry mix of building sand & cement - level it out and lay the slabs/flag stones and let the damp air set it or should I use a normal wet mix ? - and whats the best mix to get a good wet mix (sand, cement, etc ),

I also have 2 grape vines currently coming away very nicely with fruits just starting to appear - all advice welcome by way of what to feed , prune etc,
and lastly I have spring onions & carrots growing fantasically in a pair of old wellies - when will they be ready to be pulled - they were sown way back in the year and I dont want to leave them there 2 long when they are ready.

all advice welcome

thanks