Old 04-07-2005, 12:25 AM
World Traveler

"Brendy" wrote in message

World Traveler Wrote:
"Brendy" wrote in message
...-

Is the bamboo "Negra" invasive? I live in Newry Northern Ireland,
the
weather is wet here most of the time. Can anyone give me any tips on
how to take care of it? Thanks a lot. Brendy.

--
Brendy-

[/QUOTE Thanks for the advice. Would this bamboo grow alright in a
container? Do you have any tips that I could use to care for it? I
was thinking of putting it on the deck. I really don't want an
invasive bamboo in the garden. I had that problem with a grass plant I
bought and never again! Brendy

--
Brendy

Well, I think it will grow well in a container, and I've just taken some of
the cuttings from the existing clump of black bamboo and potted them (in two
very large pots -- ) to stand at the entryway to our property.

So we'll all find out at the same time ---

Regards --