Old 04-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Carol Russell

Default Mice

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message

Drakanthus wrote in message ...
My mouse traps are catching mice nearly every day under the garden

shed. I
keep disposing of the corpses and re-baiting the traps with cheese. But

it
occurred to me today - why? Are mice really a problem (outside)? I've

heard
they can carry disease and eat certain garden veg such as beetroot -

but do
they actually do any other damage or harm outside? What diseases are

they
supposed to carry and how would they be transmitted to humans? Since

buying
the traps a few months ago I must have killed at least 50 mice. It's

getting
a bit tedious disposing of the corpses each day and I'm wondering if

I'm
actually achieving anything anyway. Advice welcome.

Rats and I expect mice certainly carry a nasty disease in the UK, just ask a
vermin control expert, I don't know what the disease is, just that it's the
urine that's the problem.

--
Art

Garden Web http://www.gardenweb.com