Old 04-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Tumbleweed

"glasgow guy" wrote in message

firstly I will say sorry for the fact that this isnt directly anything
to do with plants but it is to do with my garden !!
I will be laying a new patio this week and I am just wondering what mix
would be best to use as a base for it - should I use a dry mix of
building sand & cement - level it out and lay the slabs/flag stones and
let the damp air set it or should I use a normal wet mix ? - and whats
the best mix to get a good wet mix (sand, cement, etc ),

Search for cormaic in here ISTR he has a FAQ on laying patios.
FWIW I find dry mix *much* easier to work with. I recently did some work on
a line of bricks with wet mix and the bricks would gradually settle
haphazardly lower after you had got them level. Big mistake. With dry they
stay where you put them (mostly :-).

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com