Old 04-07-2005, 03:02 PM
pammyT

wrote in message ...
The current offer in the Independent has enouraged us to think about
growing a fig tree. The Independent offer seems way overpriced having
looked elsewhere, so - what's an easy to grow a fig tree and how/where
does one plant it?

We have a South facing wall with not much happening, it's variable
from shady to sunny. One site I read says keep the fig tree in a pot
as this encourages fruiting. Any/all advice welcome.

I shoved mine in my heavy clay slightly sheltered but north facing garden.
I do nothing to it. It grows like a weed and fruits loads.