Old 04-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Alan Walker

I don't know why you couldn't use slightly acidic
rainwater. With our fast draining bonsai soils, the answer is not
in the soil mix. Acidic preferences by plants like azaleas just
means that they have inefficient root systems for delivering
nutrients. So, proper fertilization with any basic fertilizer
ought to do the trick.
Chlorosis also can reflect too much or too little water.
Chlorosis also can be a sign of iron deficiency, so you might
want to add a little chelated iron to your azaleas.
Cordially,
Alan Walker