Old 04-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Bill Neff

Hi Susan!

Give them a few more weeks. I gathered over 300 seeds last fall, gave over
a hundred of them away to members of my bonsai club and planted the rest.
Last fall I cleaned them (yuck forgot to use rubber gloves) and kept them in
the garage over the winter. This spring I planted the remaining 200. I scored
the shells on about a third of them and just left the others alone. There
was no difference in germination between the scored and unscored seeds as
nearly every seed sprouted. I still have one big flat I need to repot. Give
them a few more weeks. It seemed it took about a month or so before mine broke
the soil surface.

Bill

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++