Old 04-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Bourne Identity

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:30:05 -0500, "B & J"
wrote:

We planted a 4' Chinese pistache four years ago, and it's doing well in zone
6, northern AR. It's already about 12' tall and has showed no sign of winter
damage. Before we purchased it to replace a huge oak that died, we did quite
a bit of research and found that it will do well through zone 5. The
suggestion was made to purchase the tree after frost in the fall to
determine fall leaf color, which varies from yellow through bright red and
all the shades between..

It is remarkably disease and insect free although it is susceptible to Texas
root rot.

JPS

What is "Texas" root rot?