Old 04-07-2005, 04:01 PM
dave weil

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:13:43 +0000, in rec.gardens.roses you wrote:

Gail Futoran Wrote:
"Brendy" wrote Thanks Gail,

I'll get started on checking out those websites.[color=blue--
I'm not going to rush it, I'll wait until I get the rose that I want.
Brendy-

--
Brendy-

[/QUOTE Gail, I found "Ingrid Bergman" at "Apuldram Roses" It was one
of the web sites you gave me I tried around here in Northern Ireland
but she's hard to get. So this reputable company, will send out my
potted "Ingrids". It'a a company in England, so it'll only take a few
days to get here. No Hassle! This is such a handy service. I ordered
nine, and we'll see how it goes. You gave good advice in the last
post, so I'm just going to do my best and see what happens. As I said
in an ealier post once I get them planted I'll post a pic. Thanks
again for all your advice and info Brendy
[/color]

Don't expect anything this year. It's far too late for the rose to get
well established for the growing seasin since you're right in the
middle of growing season now. You MIGHT get a bloom or two if you're
lucky. This is the worst time to plant a rose, although, there in
Ireland, the summer might be milder. The problem is, by the time it
gets established (a couple of months), it'll be time for it to start
going dormant.

Even when I planted mine at the first opportunity of the year, and the
first year, I probably got three blooms the whole year. The second
year is when you'll see some good progress and the third year it
should take off. Remember though, it's only going to grow about 3 or 4
feet tall at the most (and it should be as wide as tall).

PS: I think it was me who sent those links.