Old 04-07-2005, 03:08 PM
pammyT

-- "David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
I have read many tales of how you have to box a fig in if planted in the
ground.
However, I am now a little dubious as to how effective this will be.

I never bothered. I guess my love of fre ranging poultry means I prefer to
free range my trees too lol.
In fact I look forward to mine growing really big. I bet it will look
amazing with those beautifully shaped, dark green leaves.
What with that and my fast growing walnut tree, I reckon I can never move
house as I want to see how spectacular they look in 10 years time.
Such a pity that there are no mature fruit trees of any kind in the garden
of my cottage which is approx' 140 years old.
If the original owners had only had some foresight and planted for future
occupants, my garden would be a lot nicer. Instead I moved in to a nasty
bare 3/4 acre field full of weeds.
I hope whomever is living here in 100 years time, will be grateful to the
anonymous planter of their fruiting walnut tree, peach tree, olive tree, fig
tree and apricot tree among others.