Old 04-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Chris Hogg

Default OT virus

In case anyone else gets this...

I've just had a message purporting to come from my ISP (Virgin.net),
saying that a lot of spam has been coming from my e-mail address, and
suggesting that my computer had become infected by a trojan, and that
I should follow the instructions in the attachment.

This surprised me a little, as I have efficient and reputable
anti-virus etc. software. When I downloaded the message (I read it
first through Mailwasher), my a-v software detected a virus in the
attachment and deleted it.

So the whole thing was a hoax and a means of spreading its own virus.
You have been warned!

BTW, it says on Virgin's website that they never send attachments to
e-mails.

--
Chris